2.9.08

stuff i might blog about, and the general sorry condition of my blog

so in looking over my blog, i am quite embarrassed by some of my old posts. how clever i thought i was then and how corny much of it appears now; this may just be a function of my advancing age and the accompanying cynicism. one post in particular was extremely crappy and sappy and as such, has been deleted. more may follow...

so my last post was a list of things i might blog about. right now, i don't feel like blogging about any of them [especially those of a political nature] but feel i owe it to my vast audience to get something going. so here goes...

my new lawnmower

although i don't go through lawnmowers with the gusto of a bush-hogging jay sharpe, i've always bought cheap mowers and tossed them out once they got difficult to start [or the blade needed sharpening]. this year, when the 4-year old red mtd died, i treated myself by to a cub cadet at a cost that is over double my usual mower budget.

here's some stuff i like about it:

  1. it's bright yellow which makes it easy to find.

  2. there is no pesky primer bulb to pump three times; it has a nifty choke knob and it starts on the first pull every time.
  3. it has on overhead valve engine, and while i don't really know what that means, i like having it.

  4. the height is adjusted by one lever. no need to go to each wheel and adjust individually.

  5. it gets pretty good grass mileage. the first two tanks got an average of 84,876,964 blades per gallon.

here's some stuff i don't like about it:

  1. it only has a 19" cut width, 2" less than my last mover. if you don't think 2" makes a difference, you didn't read the poll in the october 2003 cosmo.

  2. the horsepower [hp] rating is unknown. instead, mower manufacturers are now publishing torque ratings for mowers. this makes it very difficult to boast to friends and neighbors about the power of my new mower.
  3. it doesn't pop a wheelie as well as my old mower.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Host said...

I thought I'd gotten the same model as you, but I believe I'm working with an 18" cut width. Imagine my loss of FOUR inches.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home